What is Bill Pay?
With Bill Pay you can pay any company or person you owe. You can also request and receive money from a person or group.
- Pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check, automatic debit, or cash. We send the money electronically whenever we can. If the person or company can’t accept electronic payments, we print a check and mail it for you.
- Review your payments and bills for the past 84 months in Activity. Also review requests you sent. You can download your payment info to a comma-separated values (CSV) file. You can import the file into a number of different personal financial software applications.
- Send money electronically to people using Popmoney. They receive notification by email or text message.
- Request money from a person or group to split an expense using Popmoney.
- Transfer money from one account to another.
- eBills. Save a trip to the mailbox or another website to get your bills. Some of your bills can be delivered right in Bill Pay. You can view your eBills in Payment Center and pay them with a few simple clicks. You decide how much you want to pay and when you want to send the payment.
- AutoPay. You can set up automatic payments to be sent according to a schedule you set. You can change or cancel AutoPay at any time.
- AutoPay for eBills. You can set up some eBills to be paid automatically according to options you set. You can change or cancel AutoPay for eBills at any time.
What do I need to know to pay companies and people using Bill Pay?
You can use Payment Center to pay any company or person with a U.S. address. Payment Center offers the flexibility and convenience of sending money from one place.
- You can pay anybody in the United States or territories that you can pay using cash, check, or debit.
- We send the money electronically whenever possible. If the company or person can't accept electronic payments, we print and mail a check on your behalf.
- In Payment Center, tell us who to pay, the payment amount, and the delivery date. The money stays in your account until it’s time for us to deliver the payment.
- When you add a company or person to pay, we save the contact info to make future payments even quicker and easier.
- We maintain relationships with thousands of companies, and manage their contact info for you.
- Payments made through Payment Center are guaranteed.
- You can use Popmoney to send money electronically to people. They receive notification by email or text message.
What is an eBill?
An eBill is an electronic version of a bill or statement. The eBill typically contains the same info as a paper bill or statement. You can receive, view, and pay eBills in Bill Pay. When your eBill arrives, it appears in Payment Center. You control the date and amount of your payment.
- We can receive eBills from hundreds of companies nationwide.
- When you add an eBill, we send the info as a request to the company. After your request has been processed, you receive an eBill in a month or more, depending on your billing cycle.
- Some companies stop sending paper bills when they start sending eBills. Other companies continue to send paper bills in addition to eBills.
- When your eBill arrives, you'll see it in the Payment Center as soon as you select the company from the list of companies and people you pay.
- You can either select the amount due for the bill, which also enters the due date as the delivery date, or you can enter a different amount and date for delivering the payment.
- You can set up AutoPay for some eBills.
- You can stop receiving eBills in Bill Pay any time after the company processes your request for them.
What is AutoPay?
AutoPay is a means to set up repeating payments in Bill Pay. You can set up AutoPay for any company or person you pay regularly.
- Set up and manage AutoPay and Reminders from the Payment Center.
- You can set up payments to be made based on a schedule that you set.
- You can set up some eBills to be paid automatically according to options you set.
- You can change or stop AutoPay at any time.
Do all this and more with Bill Pay!
To enroll in Bill Pay, just click on the Bill Payment tab when you log into online banking, read and accept the terms and conditions and you're all set!
For more help or information, call us at 931-676-3311.